The range of mp3 players on the market today is perplexing to say the least but their main benefit is convenience. With the
right mp3 player music can be downloaded from CDs or from subscription sites on the internet.
1) So how does the mp3 player work? Basically, mp3 is a method of audio compression that maintains the original quality of
the music. Due to the small size of this file, there is a large capacity for storing music.
2) What kind of mp3 players can you choose from? There are two basic types of mp3 player. The first is a flash player, which
has no moving parts and is therefore good for people using their player while jogging or in the gym. However, the
disadvantage of this is that the memory capacity is quite low. However, this isn't an issue if you only plan to use the mp3
player for short periods of time. The flash model is able to hold about 200 songs and the popular SanDisk mp3 player is
available for about $70.
3) The second choice of mp3 player works by holding their memory on a hard drive, much like a computer. This means that the
capacity is much higher than the flash models. These can hold 20GB or even higher hard-drive, which should keep even the most
impassioned music fan quiet! Its important to note that you are unable to add memory to your mp3 player therefore it is
important to get it right now or it could end up costing you more in the long run.
4) The must have mp3 player currently on the market is the Apple iPod. But it is important to shop around and do your
research since there are some good deals to be had. This way you can get a bargain since prices may vary greatly depending on
where you look. An online price comparison may be a useful way of finding the best prices available at the current time.
5) Its important not to buy a mp3 player on impulse and you should really do some research first. The best way is to get on
the internet and read the reviews of other users and guides from the official literature available. This tells you things
that you would only know from actually buying and testing the mp3 player.
6) Another feature of mp3 players is their battery life. Some come with a built in battery that need to be recharged whereas
others work in standard batteries. In either case it is important to look at how long the batteries will last. If they
constantly need to be recharged or replaced then it won't be cheap to run or necessarily very portable. It is also important
to work out the battery life for yourself since the time quoted by the manufacturers may not be accurate.
7) One of the main reasons for buying a mp3 player is its ease and convenience of use. However, this is not always the case.
Consulting reviews of the mp3 player that you are interested in again can assess this.
8) Finally it is important to make sure you have permission to download and play music since not all players work with all
download services. You must also remember that it is illegal to trade mp3's without permission from the song copyright
About the Author:
Gillian Todd is an author at http://www.a1-mp3-players.com